Saturday, March 9, 2013

Homegrown Washi Tape!


Would you like to make some Washi Tape with me today? I love how it adds just the right touch to a card and I also love being able to create just a strip at a time. So, let's get started!


For this card I created two different tapes using Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso ink. I think the top layer was done in Crumb Cake rather than Early Espresso - just checked it and, yep, it was.


Here's the tape I begin with - 'Self-adhesive Abacasa Hinging Tape'. I found it at Hobby Lobby in the art section and used my 40% off coupon. (I love being able to do that off my phone now! Slowly but surely I'm getting a bit more technologically up-to-date!) There are other similar tapes that work well - it just needs to be translucent and have a peel off backing.


I like to tear off the length of tape I'll be needing and adhere it just slightly to Stampin' Up! Grid Paper #102787 using a touch of Snail Adhesive to keep it in place while I stamp.  I love being able to work on a grid and double check measurements, find the center of my card stock, etc. How about you?

Then.... stamp just as you would on card stock, making sure to stamp off of the tape so it looks random. Peel off the backing from the tape and adhere to your card front. Easy, easy! No, actually peeling off the backing can sometimes be tricky. If you have trouble, just tear the tape a bit and you'll be able to peel it right off.

The diagonal stripes come from the banner in Hearts a Flutter. The Paris postal mark and background from French Foliage.



Hearts a Flutter
129249w

129252c

French Foliage
120845w
121166c

Shop online 24/7 here!

1 comment:

Inking Idaho said...

Very cool! I learned something new today! =)