Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Best of Flowers


It's the end of March and I hope your month has been happy and things are warming up in your part of the world. I love being able to have the windows open and spring has inspired us to repaint our living room and change things up a bit decor wise. I'm loving the simpler look!
I'm kind of a Pottery Barn/Shabby Chic gal at heart and have been missing our California style, so we're bringing cream and white back into our living room.
 It just helps me breathe.. slowly, deeply and I like that!



I embossed this beautiful hydrangea (my favorite flower) onto this wonderful new Epic Day DSP. Then colored in the flower and leaves using Sponge Daubers. Elusive and pretty!


Best of Flowers 133342

 All four of my cards today (yep! four of them... I was busy last night!) are using the Best of Flowers stamp set. Stampin' Up!, as you know, is celebrating their 25th Anniversary this year and part of the celebration is to bring back the most popular stamps sets. Each month will have a different collection and for March its The Best of Flowers. Funnily (is that a word?) I hadn't purchased even one of these flower stamps the first time around. I must not be in the groove or something - but I did purchase this set and I love them.


This stamp set comes with a Collector's Card... for every six "best of" sets you purchase, mail in your proof of purchase (sticker found on set label) for a FREE stamp set of your choice valued up to $14.95 US.  Start collecting now - shop online 24/7 at my store.

I'm showing them one at a time because they all look so different and won't photograph well together. Kind of like a family in all different colors and clothes, you know. What I wanted to show you was how easy it is to take one stamp set and create such a variety of cards/projects from them.


This gorgeous rose bouquet was simply embossed in gold onto Very Vanilla. I added some extra embossing to the card stock to create an elegant background for it.


I love how the oval turned out! I created it using two different size oval dies. Use the Crease Pad to create the wonderfully embossed oval. Stamp first, then cut out using the larger oval die. Then laying the smaller die, cut side up and centered around the image, run it back through the Big Shot using the Crease Pad in lieu of the Cutting Pad under the card stock.
Whew... did you follow?
This is just one of the techniques I'm giving step-by-step instructions for in


Sunshine and Daisies!
A love note that brings spring.... once again embossed in white and
sponged with Daffodil Delight in it's own little frame.


This time embossed in Pool Party on the wonderful Epic Day DSP.
Love, love that new paper!


Epic Day DSP 130814
shown as part of the This and That Bundle!
Scroll down to yesterday's post to see more about it.

No comments: